Are you dealing with an injury or pain but are unable to make it to a clinic for an evaluation?
Chicago Health and Physical Therapy now offers Telehealth and E-Visits!!!
On March 19th, 2020 Governor Pritzker signed legislation requiring commercial insurance companies in Illinois to cover telehealth services for all medical providers.
These virtual visits are conducted through a secure video-chat (details below) and allow you to have your condition assessed and treated by a licensed physician, chiropractor or physical therapist from the comfort of your home.
Early intervention telehealth visits can eliminate the need for unnecessary medication, surgery or extensive imaging tests – including X-Rays, MRIs and CT scans. Delaying treatment could mean additional expenses and prolonged recovery.
What you can expect:
Both laptops and mobile devices, including Android and iPhone, are supported when using Zoom. Make sure you are using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (iPhone ios 11 or higher) web browser when accessing the link.
The first time you log on, your web browser will ask you for permission to access your microphone and camera for the call. Once allowed access, a check in box will appear where you will enter your name so your medical provider knows you are ready for your session.
Please be patient as you wait for your provider to start the call at your scheduled time.
Take these Steps to make the most of your telehealth appointment!
- Ensure that your camera is on and that you are allowing video.
- Ensure your device is connected to a strong/stable internet connection. If using a cell phone, being connected to an internet source can provide a better connection. Make sure streaming programs are turned off (Netflix etc) on your device.
- Look to connect ~5 min prior to the start of your appointment. This will ensure your device is working properly and you are able to connect. You may have a screen that says your appointment will begin once approved by your meeting host.
- Ensure you have ample space needed to complete your session and make yourself comfortable. Choose a location in which you can be most comfortable both physically and emotionally. You will be asked by your therapist to move during your visit so make sure you have room to move. You want to be able to share information freely with your therapist so choose a location that is private and without distractions.
- Choose a consistent location. Using the same space for every visit allows for your provider to know what equipment and furniture is available for treatment.
- Be prepared that you may potentially need to move your device into a position in which full visionary field can be achieved throughout the video call.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement that can be seen over video. Having snug fitting clothes allows for your provider to assess how parts of your body move to determine the best intervention.
- If you are unable to connect with your clinician, please call us at (773) 282-6648 and they will reschedule the session. Due to the Covid-19 crisis, many networks are experiencing high volume that can cause disruption.
Let’s get started today!!!
Request a telehealth appointment by calling the clinic at (773) 282-6648 or complete our online appointment form and we will contact you when it is convenient for you.